The Milton H. Erickson Foundation, Inc., is a federal nonprofit corporation, formed to promote and advance the contributions to the health sciences made by the late Milton H. Erickson, M.D.
The Foundation organizes educational conferences designed to share and explain state-of-the-art methods, while refining and enhancing clinical skills.
Currently these conferences include:
- The International Congress on Ericksonian Approaches to Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (which began in 1980);
- The Brief Therapy Conference (which began in 1988);
- The Couples Conference (first held as a stand-alone conference in 1995);
- The Evolution of Psychotherapy:
- Apart from other conferences is the celebrated Evolution of Psychotherapy Conference. The Foundation organized the first Evolution Conference in 1985 in Phoenix. It was instantly hailed as a landmark conference—“The largest gathering ever devoted to the practice of psychotherapy” by TIME. At the suggestion of Virginia Satir, the conference was repeated every five years. A four year cycle was initiated with the 2009 conference.