Dr. Erickson's Orientation to Sexual Development Part 2 (CE Available)
Original Program Date :
In Part 2 of Dr. Erickson’s Orientation to Sexual Development, Milton Erickson continues his interesting lecture about the natural developmental processes involved with sexual/relational maturity. This video begins with Erickson telling charming stories of his sons sexually and relationally developing, which illustrate the principles outlined in the video. The lecture then expands to a range of topics, from sexual development, and relational and marital choices, to ingenious employment-seeking strategies, and familial patterns. This video differs from other videos in that it’s replete with life lessons. Erickson often taught on multiple levels, as he reached out to each individual who was present. So it was not uncommon for students who attended one of his seminars, to say, “I felt like he was teaching directly to me!” Life lessons in this video are shared through:
In this video:
- A scenario which illustrates how to find people you connect with.
- A story which illustrates strategic planning to attract the right type of romantic partner.
- A story which illustrates the lesson - Never assume what people are or are not capable of.
- Three stories about how to get a job, even when you have been repeatedly turned down.
- Two stories about breaking a limiting behavioral pattern.
- Describe Erickson's anecdotal approach to teaching.
- Describe Erickson's approach to mate selection.
- Given a case of depression create an experiential task.